§ 1 Information on the collection of personal data
(1) Below we inform about the processing of personal data when using our website or the app. Personal data are all data that can be related to you personally, e.g. name, address, email addresses, user behavior. By doing so, we would like to inform you about our processing operations and at the same time comply with the legal obligations, in particular from the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
(2) The controller according to Art. 4 para. 7 GDPR is Capacities Labs GmbH, St. Martinsweg 3, 66606 St. Wendel, Email firstname.lastname@example.org
(3) When you contact us by email or through a contact form, the data you provide (your email address, possibly your name and telephone number) will be stored by us to answer your questions. We will delete the data arising in this context, if the request is assigned to a contract, after the periods of the contract term, otherwise after the storage is no longer necessary, or limit the processing if there are legal storage obligations.
(4) If we rely on commissioned service providers for individual functions of our offer or if we would like to use your data for advertising purposes, we will always carefully select and monitor these service providers and inform you in detail about the respective processes below. We will also specify the criteria for the storage duration.
§ 2 Your rights
(1) You have the following rights with regard to your personal data:
- Right to information,
- Right to correction or deletion,
- Right to restriction of processing,
- Right to object to processing,
- Right to data portability.
(2) You also have the right to complain to a data protection supervisory authority about our processing of your personal data.
§ 3 Processing of personal data when visiting our website
When using the website for informational purposes, i.e. merely viewing it without registration and not transmitting any other information about yourself, we process the personal data that your browser transmits to our server. The following data are technically necessary for us to display our website and ensure stability and security and must therefore be processed by us. The legal basis is Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f GDPR:
- IP address
- Date and time of the request
- Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Content of the request (page visited)
- Access status/HTTP status code
- Amount of data transferred in each case
- Previously visited page
- Operating system
- Language and version of the browser software.
§ 4 Further functions and offers of our website and app
(1) In addition to the purely informational use of our website, we offer various services that you can use if interested and use further common functions for analysis or marketing of our offers, which are presented in more detail below. To do so, you will generally need to provide additional personal data or we will process such additional data, which we use to provide the respective services. The principles previously stated regarding data processing apply to all the data processing purposes described here.
(2) We sometimes use external service providers to process your data. These have been carefully chosen and are bound by our instructions and are regularly monitored.
(3) Also, we may pass on your personal data to third parties when participation in actions, raffles, contracts or alike are offered by us together with partners. Depending on the service, your data may also be collected by the partners on their own responsibility. Further information is given when you provide your data or below in the description of the various offers.
(4) If our service providers or partners are based in a country outside the European Economic Area (EEA), we inform you about the consequences of this fact in the description of the offer and about the appropriate level of data protection.
(5) In the app or on the website, web content can be embedded that is not stored on our servers. You must manually approve each of these embeds. Without your consent, these contents will not be loaded. If you consent, a visit to our pages with embedded content results in the content of the respective third-party provider being reloaded, who provides the content. This gives the third party the information that you have visited our page as well as the technically necessary usage data. We have no influence on the further data processing by the third-party provider. The embedding takes place based on Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 letter f GDPR and with the interest of making our page as attractive and informative as possible.
(6) If you decide to register with Capacities, you will be asked to provide us with the following personal data: email address, first and last name. Without these data, registration and therefore limited use of Capacities is not possible. Legal basis for the processing is Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. b GDPR. We also store all personal data that you provide on a voluntary basis as part of your profile (e.g. username, profile photo, and name). The legal basis for processing the profile data is Art. 6 para. 1 s.1 lit. a GDPR. We also store all the content data that you store and provide during the use of Capacities (e.g. notes, texts, and media). The legal basis for processing the content data is Art. 6 para. 1 s.1 lit. a GDPR.
(7) Basically, we only store personal data as long as necessary to fulfill contractual or legal obligations or to assert civil law claims. Registration data and personal data are stored for up to four weeks after deleting your user account and then deleted. Public content data are stored until your user account is deleted and then anonymized.
(8) Capacities’ use and transfer to any other app of information received from Google APIs will adhere to Google API Services User Data Policy, including the Limited Use requirements.
§ 5 Objection or revocation against the processing of your data
(1) If you have given your consent to the processing of your data, you can revoke this at any time. Such revocation affects the legality of the processing of your personal data after you asserted it to us. The legality of processing your data up until the time of revocation remains unaffected.
(2) If we base the processing of your personal data on a balance of interests, you can object to the processing. This is the case, in particular, if the processing is not necessary for fulfilling a contract with you, which we detail in the subsequent description of the functions. When exercising such an objection, we ask you to explain the reasons why we should not process your personal data as we have been doing. In the event of your objection, we will examine the situation and will either stop or adjust data processing, or show you our compelling protective reasons, on the grounds of which we continue processing.
(3) Of course, you can object to the processing of your personal data for advertising and data analysis purposes at any time. You can assert your advertising objection to us best under the contact details given above.
(1) In addition to the data mentioned above, we use technical aids for various functions when you use our website, particularly cookies, which can be stored on your device. When you visit our website and at any time afterwards, you have the choice whether to allow the setting of cookies in general or which individual additional functions you would like to choose. You can make changes in your browser settings or via our consent manager. We first describe below the nature of cookies from a technical perspective (2), before we closer detail your individual selection options by describing technically necessary cookies (3) and cookies that you can voluntarily select or deselect (4).
(2) Cookies are text files or information in a database that are stored on your hard disk and associated with the browser you use, which means that certain information can be provided to the entity setting the cookie. Cookies can’t execute programs or transmit viruses to your computer, but primarily serve to make the internet offer faster and more user-friendly. This website uses the following types of cookies, the operation and legal basis of which we will explain below:
- Transient cookies: These, especially session cookies, are automatically deleted when you close your browser or log out. They contain a so-called session ID. This allows various requests from your browser to be assigned to the same session and your computer can be recognized when you return to our website.
- Persistent cookies: These are automatically deleted after a specified duration, which varies depending on the cookie. In your browser settings, you can view the set cookies and their runtimes at any time and delete the cookies manually.
- Other technologies: These functions are not based on cookies, but on similar technical mechanisms, such as Flash cookies, HTML5 objects, or an analysis of your browser settings. The result is that we can use the techniques described below. Here too, you can naturally consent or object.
(3) Mandatory, technically necessary functions for displaying the website: The technical structure of the website requires us to use techniques, especially cookies. Without these techniques, our website cannot be displayed (fully correctly) or support functions could not be enabled. These are generally transient cookies that are deleted after you end your visit to our website, at the latest when you close your browser. You cannot deselect these cookies if you want to use our website. The individual cookies can be seen in the consent manager. The legal basis for this processing is Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f GDPR.
(4) Optional cookies upon granting your consent: We only set various cookies after your consent, which you can select during your first visit to our website using the so-called cookie consent tool. The functions are activated only in case of your agreement and can serve in particular to analyze and improve visits to our website, to facilitate operation across different browsers or devices, to recognize you at a visit again, or to display advertising (possibly also to orient advertising to interests, measure the effectiveness of ads or show interest-based advertising). The legal basis for this processing is Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. a GDPR. Revocation of your consent is possible at any time, without this affecting the legality of the processing up to the revocation.